Friday, April 17, 2009

When knowledge becomes nervousness

So this past monday I recieved a called from the drs who re did my D&C over at FSH... they stated that they were concerned that I may still have "products of conception" left due to the pathology reports showing that the embryo had implanted deeper than that of a normal pregnancy. And needed me to get blood work. So Tuesday I went and had blood work done, waiting for the results were killer.... So today, I called the nurse and the she stated that my results came back and my hCg levels were 6. To my understanding the level would have to be under 5 in order for no pregnancy to be present. So I was alittle concerned. Than an hour ago, I had the dr paged and she called back. She said that 6 is a fine number meaning that the pregnancy has been "evacuated" and she was happy with that number. She advised me if we wanted to ttc again we need to wait one cycle.... and if we weren't going to to use some form of BC. She also stated that an endo would be good to have to follow future pregnancies. But far as diabetes now goes, I can just be followed by my primary care because she's been doing a fine job. Having the all clear and the knowledge I have of what can happen during pregnancies and after birth and such....... it scares me. I fear that my future pregnancies may end in loss and that I will never get a chance to be a mommy to an earthbound baby.... one that I can bring home after 40 weeks of carry them in my womb...... So many fears follow the current knowledge that I have. I've got apprehensions, uncertainty all lingering around in my mind. Why do things have to be so complicated , especially in my desire to be a mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment